Pipe valves are a popular category in pipe fittings. Pipe valves are mechanisms or devices to regulate or control the flow of liquid or gas within a pipe. While some valves are used to regulate the rate of flow, there are others that are used to stop it completely in order to prevent flooding or allow repairs to be made.
There are varieties of pipe valves in various materials, sizes and finish , and each type of valve performs a specific task. Pipe valves are known by various names like faucets, stops, bibs, taps, cocks or even drains. They can be easily custom-made for specific applications.
- Mild Steel
- Stainless Steel
- Gun Metal
- Cast Iron
- Forged Steel
- Carbon Steel
- Aluminum etc.
There are a various methods used for connecting valves into the piping systems. They are as follows:
- Flansche: Suitable rated flanges are provided with the pipe valve.
- Wafer: The pipe valve is provided with suitable sealing faces. It is trapped between line flanges.
- Butt Welded: The pipe valve is provided with butt weld end. This is welded into the piping system using high integrity joints.
- Socket Welded: These welds allow and weld into the piping system using fillet welds.
- Screwed Ends: Ends of pipe valves can be provided with female or male screwed ends . The threads can be parallel or tapered.
- Compression Fittings: Ends of pipe valves can be provided with compression fittings.
Possible leakage points on valves:
An important requirement in any pipe valve design is to reduce or minimize the leakage of fluids/liquids into the surrounding environment. Some leakage points in pipe valve which should be properly taken care of are as follows:
- The piping’s end connections.
- The spindle gland seals which allow rotary and axial motion.
- For top entry valves, a leakage point is the sealed top closure joint.
- The two split joints for three piece ball valves.
- Valve drain connections.
- Vent connections.
Did you know?
- They are designed for safe and easy plumbing.
- Pipe valves are engineered to the highest standard of repeatable quality.
- They are ease of use and high performance.
- Pipe valves can be fitted with pneumatic or hydraulic actuators for remote control.
- Pipe valves are manufactured for liquid and gas flow control in chemical, petroleum, power generating and general industrial applications.
- Industrial water treatment
- Swimming pools
- Water parks
- Waste water technology
- Potable water treatment
- Power plants
- Chemical distribution etc.
|Air Release Valves||Ball Valves||Blowdown Valves|
|Butterfly Valves||Check Valves||Foot Valves|
|Gate Valves||Globe Valve||Needle Valves|
|Pinch Valves||Plug Valves||Pressure Reducing Valves|
|Pressure Relief Valves|