What are the general requirements for equipment layout design?
- Meet the requirements of the process flow, and the disposition of equipment should be in the order of logistics.
- The fire separation distance among equipment, buildings and structures should be in accordance with the requirements for production safety and environmental protection.
- The installation of oil and gas pipeline needs to be economically reasonable, neat, aesthetic. And try to save space and reduce energy consumption.
- The requirements of the overall planning of the whole plant – The layout of pipe racks and equipment should be set according to the positions of the device on the general layout and the relative positions of relevant devices, tank area, etc.
- Determine the relative position of equipment, facilities and buildings according to the wind direction with minimum frequency all year round.
- Equipment should be arranged in accordance with process flow and the principle of the same type of equipment being appropriately replaced in the same place. Factors such as how to reduce the coverage area and cost should take into consideration when placing equipment on both sides of the pipe rack. Besides, equipment for handling corrosive, toxic, viscous materials should be compactly arranged according to the physical properties of materials.
- Equipment, buildings and structures should be placed in sections based on the characteristics of production processes and the fire hazard level. In order to prevent coking, clogging, the decreasing of control temperature and pressure, side reactions, equipment with process requirements can be placed relatively closely.
- The foundation elevation of equipment and that as well as the position of the underground liquid container should be placed in accordance with the vertical layout of the device.
- When determining the positions of equipment and structures, the foundation of the underground part should not exceed the boundary of the device.
- Oil and gas pipeline for conveying media with specific requirements to distance, angle and height difference should be considered in the overall planning of device layout.
What factors should be considered in determining the width, span and height of the main pipe rack in the installation?
- The width of the pipe rack (normally no more than 10 meters) is mainly determined by the number and diameter of pipes. Generally, the main pipe rack should remain 10%-20% margin with consideration of its load, as well as the influence of equipment structure, and the width of instrument cable racks and power cable racks if they are needed. The pipes on the pipe racks can be arranged in a single or double layer, or three layer if necessary.
- When the air cooler is arranged on the pipe rack, the span of the pipe rack supports is better to be the same as the spacing dimension of the air cooler, so that the pipe rack supports are aligned with the center line of the air cooler supports.
- When placing the pump under the pipe rack, one should consider about the position and required width for operation and maintenance of pump, these of cooling water pipeline for pump and the main pipe in drain pipeline. If the driving machine cables are laid underground, the required width of the cable trench should also be considered.
- Since the arrangement density of the entire pipe rack is not the same, (Usually, the pipes on each ends are less than other positions.) it is possible to reduce the width of the end sides or change the double layer pipe rack into a single layer rack.
The span and column spacing of pipe rack are determined by the allowable bending deflection of the pipe, normally 6-9 meters. In small and middle size installations, when there are many small-diameter pipes, a sub-beam can be placed between the two supports to reduce the span of the pipeline. Besides, the spacing of pipe rack supports should be consistent with that of the equipment frame supports.For concrete pipe rack, put a φ20 round steel or steel plate on the top of the beam to reduce the friction between the pipe and the beam.
Height (Truss should be included if it has one.)
- When crossing the maintaining roadway, the height should not be less than 4.5m.
- When crossing the factory road, the height should not be less than 5.0m.
- When crossing the railway, the height should not be less than 5.5m.
- The minimum height of the pipe under the pipe rack
In order to effectively utilize the space of the pipe rack, put more pumps under the pipes. Considering the operation and maintenance of pump, the height should be above 3.5m. When the pipeline on the pipe rack is connected with the partition equipment, it is generally 600 – 1000mm lower or higher than the pipeline on the bottom of pipe rack.