Standards and Certifications of Butt Weld Pipe Fittings
Who decides on standards and specifications for butt weld fittings ?
- Manufacturers of butt weld pipe fittings have to meet specifications and requirements of many organizations, to assure quality, compatibility and performance of their products.
- Key national and international standards organizations focus on materials and end-user industries, including American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM), American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME), International Organization for Standardization (ISO), Norway’s NORSOK, …
- Some international organizations also focus on quality standards across all industries, such as International Organization for Standardization (ISO).
- Large industrial end-users also have their own programs to certify individual manufacturing plants as meeting their criteria to be listed on their Approved Manufacturers List (AML).
- All these certifications and approvals are valid for a specific period, and must be renewed regularly.