Pick the best places, warehouses
- The places, warehouses to keep steel materials needs to be cleaned, easy for drainage, from the factories and mines that generate harmful gases or dust. Be sure to remove every one of the debris, weeds to keep the steel clean.
- Inside the warehouse, salt, cement, and materials that may corrode steel, like acid, alkali, should not be stacked with steel. In addition, various kinds of steel must be stacked separately to prevent mixing up and make contact with corrosion.
- Large-size shaped steels, steel rails, thick steel plates, large-diameter steel pipes, forged pieces, etc. could be stored in the open.
- Medium and small sized wire rods, steel bars, medium-diameter steel pipes, steel wires and steel wire ropes, etc. might be saved in an airy material shed where you can find a protective cover on top and cushioning materials within the steel materials.
- Some small steel materials, thin steel plates, steel strips, silicon steels, small-diameter or thin-walled steel pipes, several types of cold-rolled and cold-drawn steels and-priced, easy-to-corrode metal products might be held in the warehouse.
- Warehouses should be selected in accordance with geographical conditions, generally are closed ones, i.e., warehouses with walls, doors, windows and ventilating units.
- Focus on ventilation on sunny days, moisture-proof on rainy days, try to keep a suitable storage environment.
- The main of stacking is to make sure that kinds of materials are stacked separately keeping the car safe to be able to prevent mixing up and mutual corrosion.
- It really is forbidden to keep materials that can corrode steel in the vicinity of steel materials.
- The base of the bedding must be high, strong and flat to stop the fabric from being damp or deformed.
- The standard materials should be separately stacked in line with the sequence to be storage.
- Shaped steels that place in view will need to have wooden pads or lath stones underneath and become slightly inclined to facilitate drainage, and also the materials ought to be placed flat to prevent bending and deformation.
- For your height of stacking, those of manual operation, mechanical operation along with the width of the stack must not exceed 1.2m, 1.5m, 2.5m, respectively.
- Between stacks, there must be a channel whose width is normally .5m. And also the access is generally between 1.5 and two.0m according to the size materials and also the transport machinery.
- If your floor from the warehouse is concrete, muddy ground, the stack needs to be elevated .1m, .2-.5m respectively. As well as for stacks in the open, elevate them .3-.5m on concrete floor, .5-.7m on sand and dust floor.
- Angle steels, channel steels that store on view needs to be placed in a downward position to avoid rust due to accumulated water.
The preservative or plating and packaging provides through the steel factory before delivering are important measures to prevent corrosion from the materials, which should be with no damage to through the transportation and handling process in order to extend their service life.
Maintain your warehouse clean and ameliorate maintenance
Before storing, the types of materials must be protected from rain and impurities. For those that have been rained or soiled, use different cleaning methods according to their properties – High-strength materials might be cleaned by steel wire brush, while low-strength materials may be cleaned by cloth, cotton, etc.
- The types of materials should be inspected frequently after storing in order to avoid rust.
- It is not necessary to oil the surfaces of normal steel materials if they are cleaned. However for high-quality steels, alloy steel plates, thin-walled tubes, alloy steel pipes, etc., their surface must be coated with anti-rust oil after their inner and outer surfaces are cleaned.
- For steels with severe corrosion, they really should not be stored for a long period after derusting, and really should provide at the earliest opportunity.
Quality search for steel appearance
When quality checking the appearance of steel materials before storing, there are some things you have to look closely at:
- Tthere shouldn’t be cracks, ridges, scab, delamination and inclusions on top of hot rolled steel. Indentation and partial bulging, concave and pitting are permitted however height or depth shall not exceed the appropriate technical standards. Local defects should be removed but laterally eliminating just isn’t allowed as well as the clear depth shall not exceed the allowable negative deviation.
- For cold drawn steel, the surface ought to be clean, smooth, without any cracks, scab, inclusions, hairlines, folds and oxide scale. A little scale of scratches, tension fracture, blackspot, concave surfaces, pitting, their depth should not be bigger the allowable deviation.
- The outer lining of shaped steels ought to be smooth and tidy, along with the roundness, width, height, thickness, length, torsion, slope, buckling, bending and unevenness ought not exceed the factors.
- Shaped steels ought to be straightened, and steel plate must be leveled. In addition to the above requirements, the rail end as well as the surface of bolt hole of steel rail ought not have shrinkage cavities, delamination and cracks, and both sides should be milled.
- The wall thickness, surface roughness, ridge and unevenness of steel pipes shall conform to technical standards. The threads of threaded steel pipes, galvanized steel pipes must be oiled this will let you protecting ring.
- The galvanized layer of galvanized steel plates and pipes ought not have defects including cracks, delamination and zinc leaking.