Pipe adapters are an extremely important pipe fitting that extend or terminate pipe runs. They are used to connect dissimilar pipes. These fittings are somewhat similar to pipe couplings, with the difference that they connect pipe of different types, one of which is an IPS (Iron Pipe Size).
Flex couplings sometime act like adapters. Pipe adapters may have either male or female IPS threads on one end and the opposite gender on the other end, which needs to be welded or soldered onto a smaller pipe. Adapters are used in a myriad of applications but they are typically used to connect different pipes to fixtures.
- Cast Iron
- Bronze etc.
Types of Pipe Adapters:
Adapters are available in various types and while different types of adapters are required for different applications. While buying adapters for pipe, the buyer should always select the right type for right application. Some of the common types of pipe adapter are:
Locking Pipe Adapter:
Offset Pipe Adapter:
Male Pipe Adapter:
Female Pipe Adapter:
Straight Thread Adapters:
- Adapters are applicable in all sanitary pipes.
- They are food grade rated.
- They are insulated.
- They are plated.
- They provide high purity and excellent chemical resistance.
- Leak-free designs in adapters can withstand high-pressure.
- Adapters are ideal for high-vibration or side-load stressed applications.
- They offer better flow rates.
- They offer fewer potential leak points, thereby providing a seamless and convenient transition from piping to tubing systems.
- In some cases, adapters eliminate the need for welded or threaded connections, which in turn save time and cost.