Pipe ferrules are a type of pipe fitting made of various materials used especially for joining or binding one part to another (as pipe sections). A pipe ferrule consists of a circular clamp which is used to hold together and attach fibers, wires or posts. It is a type of a ring or cap attached to an object to protect against damage, splitting or wear. A pipe ferrule is also known as a circular fitting device that is used to hold the pipes together.
Pipe ferrules are available in various sizes. Pipe ferrules of larger sizes are designed in such a way that they have special hardening processes which can offer better leak resistance and tube holding at higher pressures.
Various materials are used to make pipe ferrules like as follows:
- Aluminum alloy
- Cast steel
- Stainless steel
Two parts of pipe ferrule:
- Electrical & electronics
- Fiber optics
- Lawn and garden instruments
- Fire suppression
- Farm and lighting industries etc.
- Pipe ferrules are used widely in compression fittings for attaching piping.
- They are used with the connector to connect the fiber cable either to another cable or to a transmitter or receiver.
- Pipe ferrules keep the fibers accurately aligned within the connector.
- Pipe ferrule is used to align and protect the stripped end of a fiber.